Thursday, September 6, 2012

Growing Towards God: Sometimes Discernible, Sometimes Not


At each stage of growth, as a Christian, I am happy, but dissatisfied.  My progress feels great, then again I feel unwise.  Though I feel that I have not come far enough, in His mercy He shows me how far I have advanced in drawing close to Him. We are alternately close, and far away from God. The closeness comforts, the distance inspires and motivates, or is supposed to. 

There is no end to study, learning and growing in the Lord. I'm glad because I want it that way.  I infiltrate every area of my life with the things of God.  I love to be instant in prayer, being able to whip out a prayer at any given moment, for any reason, for any person.  That's where the real power is.

....be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will.  (Romans 12:2, New International Version).

I am always being transformed, and thankfully, there is more to reach for, more to embrace.
___________________________________________________________________________
Image Credit: I don't recall where I found this image.  If you know who it belongs to please let me know.

2 comments:

AngieOuellette-Tower said...

This is a wonderful blog! One of my childhood teachers used to say: "If you stop learning then you stop living." I think that is especially true in our Christian walk.
I got all "tingly" when I read "I love to be instant in prayer" - so true & so cool! - you are a great teacher of God's Word!
Thanks
Angie

Artsy Craftery Design Studio said...

Thank you Angie. I'm thrilled that I've finally launched this new Christian blog to replace my old one.