Sunday, March 17, 2013

Poetry: Life Is A Miracle Don't Let It Slip Away

Looking up at a Winter sky.

We run across cutesy quotations, verse and poetry everyday.  Often our emailboxes are crammed with positive alerts and good news notes, many that we have subscribed to.

Sometimes our lives can seem overloaded with positive thinking suggestions and admonitions to look up, think upwardly, aspire upwards, be upwardly mobile.  I support and promote all of that.  I am a positive thinker and becoming more so, as I combat cynicism, discouragement and dejection.

I ran across this poem in my bulging quotations file.  I don't even remember from where it came.  There is no credit to who wrote this insight into selflessness.  When I read it, I was inspired by the simple suggestions to be present and positive in our lives.

Life is a miracle
Don't let it slip away,
Open your heart to others
Give of yourself each day.

See the beauty in everyone
Regardless of where they've been,
Some have a difficult journey
And really need a friend.

Share your gifts and talents
Listen with your heart.
Do the things you dream about
But don't have time to start.

Pick a bouquet of flowers
Show someone that you care,
Be gracious and forgiving
Life is never fair.

Hold on to your courage
You may need it down the road,
We all have a cross to bear
It could be a heavy load.

If you practice all these things
No matter where you roam,
You may find both sun and rain
But you'll never feel alone!

(anonymous)


Do the things you dream about but don't have time to start.  Make the time to do the things that you don't have time to do. Make the money to do the things that you can't afford.  Make the effort to do the things that you wish you felt like doing...Understand?

Dear Father: I pray that for each person who reads this post, that you will broaden his scope and widen her horizon. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
___________________________
 

No comments: