Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Outcome Is Up To Your Faith


There's always something it seems.  Often I wish I could just rest from issues, situations and circumstances that need to be handled.  If I could just walk in the Autumn woods, keep walking and never stop.  I'd like to get away from all of the unresolved issues, and those that may arrive tomorrow.

There is a problem with our metal postal box at our apartment complex.  Now I have to write a letter requesting a new lock and keys.  Why do I have to write a letter?  Because I have found that it's better to put requests, reports and complaints in writing.  You then have proof that you contacted someone.  Always something.

I was feeling depressed about it when I asked myself Why are you feeling so down, stressed and depressed about writing the letter?  Just dash off the letter, print and drop it in the drop box at the office, just as you've done before about other issues.  That's just it.  Like the times I've done before.  About other issues.  *Sigh*  So I considered Maybe you're feeling this way because you want to control the outcome.  You know it's up to God.  He'll handle it.  Once you write the quick, simple letter, which is so easy for you to do you know, it's out of your hands.   God will take it from there and it is up to him what the outcome will be.

I feel better now remembering that it's not my letter that needs to do the trick, and that it's not up to me to create the outcome.  It's up to my faith.  It's up to God.

And how bold and free we then become in his presence, freely asking according to his will, sure that he's listening.  And if we're confident that he's listening, we know that what we've asked for is as good as ours. (1 John 5:14-15, The Message)
_______________________
Image Credit: Public Domain Image

No comments: